Friday, January 11, 2013

A Review: Wounded

I was recently given the book Wounded by Jasinda Wilder to read and review. First things first, OH EM GEEE! I was drawn in from the beginning and read as often as I could until I finished it last night. 






This is a book that spans about 12 years. We first meet Rania when she is only 12, during the first war in Iraq. Rania does what she must to survive the horrors of a war that took both of her parents, as well as her uncle. We spend a lot of time getting to know her and we feel her pain and feel for her struggle. To keep from starving to death, Rania makes what to her is the ultimate sacrifice. A choice she has to live with, for many years to come.

And then we meet Hunter. An American soldier home on leave, about to head out to the second Iraqi war. His best friend, Derek is also introduced to us. They have known each other since they were quite young and were even in the same Marine Corps unit. Hunter has problems of his own before he returns, and they compounded by an incident that brings Rania and Hunter face to face. 

What happens next will make you happy and sad and sometimes both at the same time. I recommend taking the time to read this book. It is a well written, emotional story that I can see myself reading over and over!






No comments:

Post a Comment