Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wilson Mooney: Almost Eighteen

Gretchen de la O has written a great book, which is the first in the series. I had the honor and privilege of reading this one for I Heart Books





Wilson Mooney is 17 and has attended boarding schools since her mother abandoned her at the age of 8, which is where she met her best friend Joanie. With the recent loss of the grandparents who raised her, she is now an orphan.

Wilson spends her days thinking about a special someone that she has liked for a while. (Sorry, no spoilers, I can't tell you who it is!) When her roommate, Cindy, invites Wilson to head to Aspen for a ski weekend, Wilson jumps at the chance, knowing that "he" has a family cabin there.

A chance meeting at a party thrown by her roommate sets in motion all that Wilson has hoped for and more than she could imagine. The physical and emotional journey that Wilson has draws you in from the first page, and keeps you from putting it down for long before you pick it back up again.

Thank you, IHB, for letting me read this book. I am so glad I did!

My rating: ♥♥♥♥¾

No comments:

Post a Comment