Friday, August 7, 2015

Ronnie by Chuck Alderman

It is taking me awhile to read this book, but that is not the author or the book's fault. I was busy finishing school and getting my degree. Once that was finished, I took about 6 months to just chill and not worry about anything.


Going through the list of books that have been waiting to be reviewed I came across Chuck's Ronnie and Ronnie 2. I decided that they would be a great way to dive back into reviews. So, without further ado, here is my first review back.


Ronnie by Chuck Alderman brings us into the lives of grifters and murderers. Ronnie is a "Romeny" but not by blood. She learned her ways from her grandfather and his many stories.
 
When we first meet her it is through Logan's eyes. For Logan it is love at first sight. I don't want to give too much of the story away, but this is definitely not a romance novel. The action pulls you in from the beginning.

From Seattle to San Francisco and back again, we follow Ronnie and her family. Ronnie and her plans don't quite go as expected when she is arrested by Mo, A 16 year veteran of the force. The story ends with Ronnie locked up with a roommate, and she calls her cell mate, who is a psycho that is locked up for beating her boyfriend to death in his sleep with her bare fists.

Is this the end of the Romany? Does Ronnie have another agenda? Read Ronnie II to find out more.

Kudos to check for writing a great story. (And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!)

♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment