Monday, September 28, 2015

Crane by Stacey Rourke

Stacey's retelling of the story if Ichabod Crane, in this new book that revolves around his descendant, Ireland, is perfect. She has done an amazing job.

She goes beyond the classic tale, adding twists you never even thought of. She also brings Rip Van Winkle and Washington (Irv) Irving along for the ride.

One of my favorite scenes in the book is when Ireland pretends that her face is going numb, which causes Rip to fall over, sound asleep. He does that a lot during the book and adds the perfect comedic touch.

That scene along with the classic Headless Horseman character help this story along amazingly.

I will be honest, the only version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow that I even sort of remember is the cartoon, except for the newer movie's one line said by Christina Ricci, "Ichabod?"

I truly enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read the next in the series, Raven.
♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment