Monday, July 4, 2016

Interview with S.H. Pratt

Good morning lovelies!
As you all know, I am back to my blog, back home. This week starts a new era on the blog and I am hoping that it works out!

Today we have an amazing interview with S.H. Pratt. Later today I will be publishing my reviews for her epic romance, The Artist's Touch and The Artist's Love. S.H. split the romance into two books because there were so many pages, she didn't want readers to become overwhelmed.

So let's get started with that interview, shall we?

Books you have already published:
Eleven! 
Standalones: Always My Love; The Gentleman's Lady; Shy of Tomorrow & Life's Perfect Moments.
Epic Romances: The Heart's Desire Books: #1- Into the Heart of Desire & #2 - Desires of the Heart, and The Artist’s Love books: #1 The Artist’s Touch & #2 The Artist’s Love
Series: The Green Brothers Novels consisting of-
*The Crazy Mountain Series: #1 - This Crazy Love & #2 - This Crazy Heart
*The Picture of Love Series: #1 The Art of Loving"

Do you have any books coming out soon?
I am currently writing "This Crazy Love" and I hope to release it by the end of the year. Also, The Artist's Touch, book one of the epic romance The Artist's Love, will be released on audiobook soon! 

What made you decide to become a writer?
Life.  LOL  I'm a stay at home mom of 3 with an exceptionally odd schedule. I found myself looking for something to do so I returned to writing as I did when I was bored in high school. It became my escape from life... and then it gave me a new purpose.  LOL

Is there a room/place in your home (or elsewhere) that you find you write better in?
I would love to write in an office but as I don't have one, I write at the table where dinner is served every night.   

Do you have a specific brainstorming process for your stories?
Nope. I'm a pantser.  LOL Odd things strike me and grab my attention and I never know where they are going to lead.

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke?
Dr. Pepper if it's soda. Coffee or chocolate milk before soda.

Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?
CHOCOLATE!!!  LOL Dark chocolate really. (Kelli: If you want to get on her good side and earn brownie points, pick up some huckleberry bonbons! She loves them.)

Do you listen to music while you write? Anything specific?
absolutely listen to music when I write. As for specific... nope. Depends on what fuels the mood and the words in that moment.

Do you have a specific routine when writing?
Nope. Still a pantser. LOL

What author/author's would you consider an influence?
Alice Clayton, Johanna Lindsey, Katherine Grice, and shhhh... I strive to create awesome creepers like M. Stratton, but mine still pale by comparison. I have goals. LOL   

Do you prefer city life or country living?
Country just outside of the city.

Is your ideal home a beach house or a cabin in the woods?
I would have a cabin on a cliff with the mountains behind me and the ocean in front... but on the cliff so it didn't wash away.    

How do you (or would you) deal with writer's block?
I bang my head on the table a lot, drink chocolate milk... I actually read a bit more and I spend time researching.

What advice would you give aspiring writers?
*Research thoroughly.
*Write what you know (places, hobbies, that sort of thing)

*Edit repeatedly (use beta readers, clean readers, editors, proof readers... all of them. You don't necessarily always have to pay for this, be creative but don't do this half-assed)"    

If you could only have one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
I'm sorry, I cannot answer that. I love too many books in too many genres. I read based on my mood and I write based on my mood. I've published contemporary romance, but I also read and write fantasy. Books are my favorite thing along with quilting. I could never choose just one (kind of like I couldn't just choose one of my kids).


And finally, care to share your website/social media links?


No comments:

Post a Comment