Saturday, February 18, 2017

My review of Gracie Wilson's Beautifully Destroyed.

Hey guys and dolls! I know it's been a while but I was asked to read this and I just had to share with you all! Click "Read More" to see my review for Gracie Wilson's Beautifully Destroyed!




Book one in the Beautifully series, Beautifully Destroyed, is the story of Fate. Fate has built walls taller and thicker than The Great Wall in China around her. Not only to keep people at arms length, but to keep the past away as well. Remembering could destroy her even more.

Three weeks after turning 18, Fate leaves everything and everyone she has ever known. Fate leaves Orlando and heads to Pennsylvania to attend college. The unknown scares not only Fate, but Clarissa, her one time child welfare worker and now the only family Fate has.

Fate has never had friends to speak of, due to her past, and isn't sure what to expect when she learns her roommate is not the female she expected. The day after moving into her dorm room, she meets her roommate, Cameron McAlister. Unknown to Fate at first, Cameron is the lead singer of Ten Ways Gone and is well known as a "bad boy rocker". When Fate learns of his true identity, she fears that all of the attention he receives will have bad implications for her.

I really enjoyed this book. The story line was an interesting one. I'm sure others have read books with similar plots/characters, but this one was a first for me. This story evoked so many emotions, it's hard to focus on a single one. There is empathy for Fate, sadness when you learn of what she has been through, pain for what it does to her in the present as well as others. My favorite quote in this book is "There comes a time when you have to just say, 'screw it world, I'm here'". This ends up being a powerful mantra in the story, and it fits!

My least favorite part of the book is rather early on. In chapter 4, after just the first week of classes and after not knowing each other long, Cameron says to Fate, "Oh the ice princess can feel things." This bothers me because it seems to me that he hasn't known her long enough to be able to judge if she is an "ice princess" or not. Maybe it's just me, but that stuck with me.

I can't go into my absolute favorite part of the book, because it contains spoilers (and that isn't my style) but I will say it is a great part for Fate, and it is near the end.

I can say that my second favorite part of the book is Fate's budding friendship with Cecilia. Girlfriend of Cameron's bandmate Scott. Fate needs that type of a person in her life and I am so glad she found it in Cecilia!


I give this book ♥♥♥♥.  

No comments:

Post a Comment